Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Party Girl

I have a few students in my class who speak English as a second language. Some of these kids can appear very shy since they don't always feel comfortable enough with English to frequently speak with others. As we have progressed through the year, these students have opened up, because they become more comfortable and accustomed to me, their classmates, and the routine. I have one such student who walked directly to me as she entered our class this morning. She handed me a stack of papers and said, "Ms. E, I wrote you a story!" This was not an assigned project or something we had discussed in the past, so I was quite surprised and impressed with her assertive action and willingness to share such an unprovoked accomplishment. A few of us really enjoyed this story as we read it and were feared at first that she was talking about me; luckily, she wasn't :) I did do some slight editing with spelling and punctuation as all teachers tend to do for readability. Enjoy...

The Party Girl
Once upon a time, there was a girl. Her name was Party Girl.

One day, Party Girl asked her Mom and Dad, "Mom, Dad, why is my name Party Girl?"
Her Mom said, "Because you love to party."
"I do," she said, "Yes!"
Then her mom said, " Time to go to bed."
"OK, good night, " said Party Girl.

The next morning when Party Girl woke up, she said to herself, "Do I have to go to school?"
Well, she got ready. "I was bored when I got to school," she said. Everybody was making fun of me because my name was Party Girl. I ran to my locker and started crying. After that I said it was time to go home. I went home.

She thought about it then. From now on, she made parties everyday.

On that Monday, the principal called her mom and he said, "Party Girl hasn't been to school since the first day of school and that was 6 months ago."

"Well," her mother said, "I haven't seen her either. Don't worry," she said, " I'll find out at 10:45 at night."

Party Girl had just arrived from the party. Her mom was spying on the door the whole time. Soon, Party Girl entered the door. "I knew it!" Party Girl said.

"You knew what?" her mom said. "Why haven't you been to school or home?"

"I've been at parties," Party Girl said.

"You are grounded for 7 months!" her mom said.

"Nooooooooooooooooooo!" Party Girl said.

The past few years, Party Girl thought about it a long time. Her parents were just kidding along and her real name was Alice!


Lesson to be learned?
You can party for 6 months before the principal will call your parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment