Sunday, March 11, 2012

PDA Squared

Every year at my school, the P.E. teacher and music teacher collaborate to teach a unit on square dancing since it incorporates both music and dance. Today was the second day that they were reveling in this fabulous form of folk art. Of course as everyone knows, square dancing is to be done with "pardners.". Anytime the co-mingling of the elementary mentality of boys and girls comes together, you can only guess what will happen. However, I was in no way expecting to hear the question I received today.

After class, I stopped at the restrooms to give my kids a much needed respite after the overload of do-si-do-ing that they surely received. One of my boys approached me and said he had a question for me.


"Well, you know that we are doing square dancing right? Well, we have to hold hands with the girls while we dance. And I mean, we have to "hold" their hand for a long time, like 3 seconds or something. Can "they" get us on PDA for that or what?"

Lesson to be learned?
Make the kiddos use hand sanitizer before and after P.E. class!

No comments:

Post a Comment